Back to School Days

Depending on how you look at it, this is either the worst week of the year or the most anticipated. From both my daughters point of view the former opinion is held. Me, well let's just say the thought of having more than 15 minutes of uninterrupted alone time with my thoughts makes me feel positively giddy. So in honor of this most hallowed week of educating young minds I thought I'd do my part and share a small bit of my extensive ice cream knowledge.
Ice Cream 101!
• It takes 12lbs. of milk to make just one gallon of ice cream.
• The U.S. enjoys an average of 48 pints of ice cream per person, per year.
• It takes an average of 50 licks to polish off a single-scoop ice cream.
• The ice cream cone's invention is linked to the 1904 World's Fair. An ice cream vendor ran out of dishes while serving ice cream so he teamed up with the waffle vendor who rolled his waffles into cones.
Click here for Spooky Kookie Kone auction link!

4 comments:

Halloween Fanatic said...

Hi its Robert from Halloween Fanatic! You get giddy, I get stressed, because the children that are not mine are coming back to me again! Back to work I go. I wanted to tell you that I posted some more Costanza pictures today. I just love my collection from him and I am glad others do as well. He has become a good friend over the past seven years. There are also some other pieces(Christmas and such) on my original blog which you can access by clicking on my picture to the side. Love your blog as well. Have a great day! Robert :)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

KEWL kooky kone ice cream cone & FUN facts!!!

2 the kids being back in skewel soon!!! Yay!!! '-)

Cheers,
Me
:-))

Melissa said...

Very interesting! Did you know a diary cow has to drink 12 gallons of water to produce one gallon of milk? My roommate in college grew up on a dairy farm!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Well the university starts up here again tomorrow too, and the traffic will be...interesting for a few weeks as they adjust to driving in multi-lane traffic. Time for me to leave town!! HA!
Thanks for the education on ice cream!!
Laurie