Heating Up

I was not a happy camper this past weekend when we were blasted with triple digit temperatures. We have been spoiled lately with such lovely weather that I forgot how hot the summers can be. So I took advantage of being couped up inside and made some summertime paper pinwheels and in doing so, found myself daydreaming about all the summer events that are just around the corner: picnics and BBQs, corn on the cob and fresh fruit pies, going bare foot and riding bikes into town. Though the heat wave has past on my excitement for summer remains and I am inspired to work a little harder to prepare for the weeks of fun just ahead.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! Way better weather these past few day, whew!
The pinwheels are beautiful- love the color combination- they DO look like summer!!
D.

Anonymous said...

Your pinwheels are spectacular Melissa! Reminiscent summer sherbet. It's funny to think it is so warm where you are since today the heater had to go back on.
Thank you for stopping by and for your well wishes!

Constance

MJ Ornaments said...

Melissa your pinwheels look so fresh and fun. Hopefully it's cooler where you are now. Take care, Martha

Sandra Evertson said...

What sweet treats!
Sandra Evertson

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Sounds like a plan Melissa. Work hard now so you can have fun later. I like that idea.

I love a good picnic. Not many planned for me this summer. Maybe I will have one myself.

Love your new summer pinwheels.

Kim

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Melissa ~ Have a Vonderful holiday weekend.

Spooky CK

Johanna Parker said...

Love those Melissa!... they look sweet enough to eat, but I wouldn't... hehe..

~ Johanna

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I love your pinwheels! They do indeed look good enough to eat! In my mind's eye I can see them whirling merrily in the flower pots outside my shop door. :)

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Summer dreamin' here too. (But not the hot, hot weather we had last summer--We had those triple diget temps for weeks.)
Your new things are wonderful and creative as always.